Prescription safety glasses can be ordered with all sorts of special coatings. When should you order anti fog?
Anti Fog Prescription Safety Glasses
If you’re in the market for prescription safety glasses, there are a fair amount of reasons to forego all other coatings so you can get Fog Free coating, the best anti fog coating on the market today. Anti fog prescription safety glasses are vital for certain safety situations and dangerous professions.
Who needs anti fog glasses? Anybody who needs to wear safety glasses in situations where they’re changing from cold to hot temperatures (such as going out into the heat from an air-conditioned car or building).
Fog is essentially blinding. In a situation where you are required to wear safety glasses, you probably need to be able to see to remain safe. If you are struggling with fogging or if you’re in a situation where fogging could occur and result in an injury, anti fog prescription safety glasses are a good choice.
Here’s what’s great about anti-fog prescription safety glasses, and specifically Fog Free coating:
- Anti fog safety glasses with Fog Free coating will not fog unless the glasses are below freezing. Literally, the glasses themselves have to be below freezing, which is remarkably difficult to achieve when they’re on your head.
- Fog Free coating makes anti fog glasses that work on a molecular level to turn condensed water on your lenses into a clear sheet of water instead of the opaque sheet that occurs during fogging.
- Prescription safety glasses with Fog Free coating have the same anti-fog properties on both the front and back of the lenses.
- Fog Free coating cannot be applied with other coatings, so you cannot get Anti-Reflective or mirror coatings with them. The coating does have a built-in scratch coating, though, so your eyewear will be fog- and scratch-resistant.
- Anti fog safety glasses with Fog Free coating have to be “reactivated” after a certain amount of time, because the molecular coating absorbs some water and becomes saturated. When your coating becomes inactive, simply use “De-Fog It!” wipes to remove the absorbed moisture from the coating, bringing it back to its original state.
Fog Free coating is the most advanced anti fog glasses coating in existence. It is truly amazing to see prescription glasses that won’t fog. In a safety situation, this amazing feature could save you from injury or death. (Can the fireman at left, for example, afford to have his lenses fogged up?)
If you need anti-fog coating on your prescription safety glasses, Fog Free is the way to go. It lasts the life of the glasses and will protect you from the very serious dangers that fog causes. If you are at risk of fog in hazardous situations, you would be foolish not to protect yourself from the injuries that fog could cause.
If you have any questions about Fog Free coating or anti fog safety glasses, leave them in the comments below or give us a call! We’d love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for reading, and stay safe!