If your workplace or home shop produces dusty conditions, you’ll want to protect your eyes from constant airborne threats. Particulates in the air get into everything; even when they settle, they cover all sorts of surfaces and make their way back into your life. They have an annoying habit of getting around even tightly-fitting glasses and can cause you all sorts of woes, from mild irritation to lost productivity to a scratched cornea.
Dust and Prescription Safety Glasses Care
If you wear corrective glasses, you need to deal with the added complication of finding good prescription safety glasses. Many different styles and types of prescription safety glasses are available, but only a specific sub-set of these is targeted at sealing out airborne particulates.
Here at RX-Safety we’ve gotten all kinds of manufacturer and consumer feedback, and can “safely” recommend the following three safety glasses as the best ones to use under adverse, dusty conditions.
Wiley X Echo
RX-Safety offers the Echo in a full range of prescription options, including high prescription. Echo frames come in Smoke Steel Blue, Gloss Black, or Gloss Black with RX rims, and are available in single vision, bifocals, or progressive bifocals, with a host of tint and coating options.
A part of Wiley X’s Climate Control Series, these stylish frames boast the following features:
- Wiley X patented removable facial cavity seal technology.
- A gasket that blocks out wind, dust, and debris to ensure a secure fit at high speeds and protection from hazards.
- Shatterproof lenses that block out 100% of UV rays.
- Certified to ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Impact and Optical Performance Standard.
- Rated as OSHA-grade occupational protective eyewear.
The RX-901 uses a classic wrap-around style that is made of high impact-resistant plastic. A removable strap keeps them tightly in place and padded inner frame foam keeps out the dust.
A well-ventilated safety goggle that’s designed for extreme sports, the RX-RK2 also serves well in keeping out dust and debris. Additionally, the strap is flame retardant.
The RX-901-B and the RX-RK2 share the following features:
- ANSI Z87.1-2003 approved.
- Lenses available in ten different tints or in Drivewear.
- Lenses available with UV protection and five different coatings.
- Lens material choice of polycarbonate, Trivex, or high index plastic 1.67.
- Available in single vision, bifocal FT-28, bifocal FT-35, or progressive bifocals.