Looking for a new pair of glasses for the bike that you won’t have to change whenever the sun rises or sets?
Transition Lenses for Prescription Motorcycle Riding Glasses
Prescription motorcycle riding glasses are a necessary part of any biker’s riding attire, but some are more suited to the task than others.
Some of the key things to focus on when shopping for prescription motorcycle glasses are lens color, facial seal, comfort, durability, and safety. Without question, safety is paramount to a good pair of prescription motorcycle riding glasses with Transition lenses.
We suggest paying attention to all these factors for the safest, most comfortable, and most useful motorcycle glasses you can get:
- Transition lenses are perfect for motorcycle riding because the lenses change to gray or brown in the sun and clear out of the sun. This means no pulling over to change your glasses during a long ride, and that means safer and more comfortable riding.
- Facial seal is extremely important as well. Our Wiley X Climate Control series and many of our Bobster prescription motorcycle glasses feature removable foam facial cavity seals, which prevent wind, dust and debris from getting under the lenses and into your eyes. This is extremely important to safe riding.
- Comfort is key to a safe ride because uncomfortable prescription motorcycle riding glasses will distract you. Plus, they’ll make riding a lot less enjoyable, and who wants to have their ride cut short because their glasses are bothering them?
- Durability is important because prescription motorcycle glasses are an investment, and you want them to last. It’s a good idea to order a solid pair, like our Wiley X or Bobster motorcycle glasses, and to order them right when you get a new prescription so the glasses last as long as your prescription does.
- Safety may be at the bottom of the list here, but make no mistake: safety is the most important part of prescription motorcycle glasses. All of the above factors are important to the safety of your motorcycle glasses, as well as lens material and frame rating.
- All of our Wiley X Climate Control Series prescription motorcycle glasses, and many of our Bobsters, are ANSI Z87 approved safety glasses.
- Choosing polycarbonate lens material is a good idea for your prescription motorcycle glasses because it is the most impact resistant. This means the lenses are the least likely to crack or fail if you should have the misfortune of having a rock or other object hit your glasses while you ride. Riding safe means riding more.
Prescription motorcycle glasses come in a huge variety of styles to match any face shape for men or women. No matter what your preference or need, we’ve got the shades for you.
We strongly recommend that if you’re shopping for prescription motorcycle glasses you get them with Transition lenses. Most of our customers who ride get Transitions because they are absolutely the most useful colored lenses for riding. Nothing beats the convenience of being able to ride through sunrise or sunset without having to change your glasses. While you’re at it, getting an anti-fog coating is a great idea to so you can enjoy the sunrise without worrying about condensation.
If you have any questions about prescription motorcycle glasses with Transition lenses, or if you’d like more help choosing the prescription motorcycle glasses that are best for you, just give us a call. We love hearing from our customers who ride.
Thanks for reading, and happy, safe riding!