When it comes to shooting, what do you consider your most crucial piece of equipment beyond your handgun or rifle? Your clothing? Proper outerwear, especially if you’re out hunting or target shooting, is indeed an important consideration. You need to keep warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and perhaps camouflaged when necessary. Boots or footwear? Also important, to ensure traction and all-day comfort. But the most indispensible item? That would be proper eyewear, for two reasons.
The first is safety. You need eyewear that guards your eyes from dust and wind and protects your priceless eyesight in the event of a misfire, ricochet, a fall, a wayward branch, or any number of possible mishaps. Even when shooting indoors, the safety factor is first and foremost. The wrong jacket or pants choice, whether you’re indoors or out, makes for little more than an inconvenience. Wearing the wrong footwear may be a nuisance…but one that you can overcome. Even a gun jam or serious weapon malfunction would, at the very worst, bring an end to your day in the field or at the range. But wearing the wrong safety shooting glasses or goggles? That could prove disastrous, with very negative (and perhaps even lifelong) results.
The second reason that proper eyewear is essential is visual acuity. Aside from being safe, the most important aspect of shooting is being able to accurately see what you’re shooting at. The right pair of shooting glasses will compensate for any corrective-vision issues you may have with prescription lenses, and/or prepare you for the lighting conditions you’ll encounter with the right combination of lens color and lens coating.
Here at Rx Safety, we specialize in bringing you the right shooting glasses at the right price. Today we’d like to suggest to you a pair of Smith Optics Elite frames with prescription lenses. Since 1965, Smith Optics has been designing and manufacturing high-performance eyewear and they specialize in the ballistic format. Here’s a peek at just a couple of the many Smith Optics Elite shooting glasses and goggles we offer:
- Designed for use with or without over-the-ear hearing protection and communications systems.
- Includes interchangeable clear, gray, and yellow lenses (prescription lenses fit into an insert that clips behind the front shield).
- Features super thin alloy temples that are moldable for best fit.
- PivLock Lens Interchange Technology allows for fast lens exchange.
- Frames meet ballistic and ANSI Z87.1 standards.
- Lenses provide 100% protection for UV rays and feature anti-fog and scratch-resistant coatings.
- Includes interchangeable clear and gray lenses (prescription lenses fit into an insert that clips behind the front shield).
- Features a micro electric fan that efficiently and silently evacuates moist air from the goggle chamber to keep you fog free.
- Exhausts 50% more air volume at a 40% lower decibel level than the competition.
- Two speed buttons and an auto-shutoff feature to preserve battery life.
- Low-profile fan housing does not interfere with the brim of a helmet, and goggles meet ballistic and ANSI Z87.1 standards.
These are just two of the more than two dozen Smith Optics Elite framewear selections available at Rx Safety. Check them all out…and protect yourself well and comfortably the next time you visit the range or the field.