Prescription safety glasses come in a huge variety of styles and functions. Which are the best?
What are the Best Prescription Safety Glasses?
Because prescription safety glasses can be used for so many different industries, and each has its own set of rules for what makes eyewear the “best”, this post focuses on prescription safety glasses for standard impact resistance. These impact safety glasses are used for things like construction, woodworking, and other skilled trades.
There isn’t necessarily a single brand that makes the “best” prescription safety glasses. There are certainly some brands who are larger and invest more in research (and marketing), but the reality is that there are a lot of winners who are tied.
If you’re wondering, “What are the best prescription safety glasses?” here’s what you should know:
- Prescription safety glasses used for construction or other trades with a fair amount of physical labor and workplace hazards should meet ANSI Z87 impact safety ratings and be marked with the Z87 seal inside the glasses.
- Polycarbonate lens material is the most impact resistant and therefore the best as far as safety is concerned.
- If your prescription is not too strong, wraparound safety glasses are better than safety glasses with side shields. They are sturdier and tend to last longer.
- If you have a strong prescription, flat safety glasses with built-in side protection are best for you.
- Prescription safety glasses should NOT have anti-reflective coating and SHOULD have anti-scratch coating. This will make them stand up to scratches best.
- What are the best prescription safety glasses? Ones that fit! Always try to take the time to try on your eyewear if you can, before you buy them.
All of these parameters will help you find a pair of prescription safety glasses that work best for you.
The goal is to get a pair that suit your needs, so if you have a specific use you intend to wear your glasses for, call us or leave a comment so we can discuss what’s best for you!
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or leave a comment below. Thanks for reading, and stay safe!